“How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?” Romans 10:14
What is Christian Youth In Action? CYIA is a great way to learn how to share the Gospel message with boys and girls — then do it. Child Evangelism Fellowship® (CEF®) provides the training and the opportunity to witness a miracle — the change that takes place in children who hear and receive the Good News! The training is provided for anyone who wants to be more effective in teaching children God’s Word.
Who can attend CYIA? CYIA is open to those who are in high school, college and older and in agreement with CEF’s Statement of Faith and policies. This is a great opportunity for teachers to be involved during summer break. An application must be filled out and you must be interviewed. There is a charge for the training, and there is also a limit to the number of people who will be accepted.
How long does CYIA last? The training lasts for approximately 10 days. Prior to training there is an afternoon pretraining. During the summer, students may selectively teach weeks of ministry in events such as 5-Day Clubs, Fairs, and Camp Good News®. Check the upcoming events or contact us for exact dates, etc.
Is CYIA for you? Have you ever wanted to share the message of salvation with someone who’s never heard? Have you ever wished you really knew how? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then CYIA is for you! Please read what others say about CYIA training (below).
What do former CYIA’ers say about the training?
- “I have never doubted that this is where God wanted me to be this summer.”
- “I have been challenged to read the Bible more at CYIA.”
- “It is a fun experience, and I have learned things that will be helpful and useful for the rest of my life.”
- “One of the most important things I acquired here is a real desire to lead children to Christ.”
- “I was motivated to do what is right no matter if it is the cool thing to do or not.”
- “It was exciting to see children who were saved in previous 5-Day Clubs. The children were anxious to tell us how they were doing the Mailbox Club Lessons.”
- “I was pushed out of my comfort zone to do things I never thought I could do. I was encouraged when I gave the Bible lesson and a child raised His hand. I really learned that I had to depend on God for my strength. God provided the strength I needed.”
- “It was totally cool to see our 5-Day Club® kids so on fire for missions.”
- “I think every Christian young person should come to CYIA.”